Debugging of Real-Time Critical Applications in FreeRTOS
FreeRTOS is an open source real-time operating system kernel available for a large number of microcontroller platforms and small devices. The design follows the principle to be small and simple. UDE provides extended functions for software development of real-time critical applications, which are under control of the FreeRTOS real-time operating system.
- FreeRTOS support is provided as UDE Add-On and extends a UDE basic debugger license
- FreeRTOS Add-On consists of the FreeRTOS Support Window that provides a comprehensive and detailed view to information about FreeRTOS resources and objects
- The shown information is directly collected from the target system
- No separate description file or similar is needed
- Available information depends on particular FreeRTOS configuration. Configuration is determined at compile time and does not change during run-time.
Available Information for Resources and Objects of FreeRTOS in UDE Debugger
Number/ID, name, address, state, stack information and utilization, priority, events, mutexes, error code, etc.
Number/ID, name, address, content, blocked tasks and reason for blocking, storage information, number of items added or removed, etc.
Semaphores and Mutexes
Number/ID, name, address, type, task that holds the mutex, semaphore count, blocked tasks, etc.
ID, name and address, timer period, call back, state, etc.
Current FreeRTOS configuration, which was set for the FreeRTOS build.