FLASH programming with UDE MemTool FLASH programmer
UDE MemTool can program FLASH memory devices simultaneously for saving time and optimizing the resource usage in production environments. The GangProgrammer utility administrates up to 8 programming stations. The particular access devices can be connected to the host PC via USB, IEEE1394, or Ethernet interfaces, utilizing hub devices. The targets are managed by separate target configurations. This provides maximum flexibility to accommodate customer requirements. With a full-custom version, even more advanced features can be included into MemTool.
UDE MemTool is designed for On-Chip FLASH programming and On-Board PCM / FLASH / OTP programming with microcontroller hardware systems using AURIX, TriCore, Power Architecture, Cortex, Arm, C166/ST10, XE166/XC2000, SuperH SH-2A derivatives.
The debugging tool Universal Debug Engine (UDE) features the On-Chip PCM / FLASH programming or external FLASH / OTP EPROM programming directly from within the Debugging Environment via the UDE MemTool Add-In.
UDE Gang Programmer can program FLASH memory devices simultaneously to save time and optimize the resource usage in a production environment.
General Features of FLASH / OTP Memory Programming
- High-speed data communication by using the debug channel between target system and the debugging tool Universal Debug Engine based on the fast-PC6x or Access Device Communication Hardware
- Automatic adaptation of data to be programmed to the smallest memory block size by automatic read operations
- Easy-to-Use: FLASH programming is integrated in the debugger-to-target program download.
- Transparent Erase Mode: previous bank read and bank erase simulate random access for non-bytewise erasable FLASH memories.
Functions of UDE MemTool
UDE MemTool offers the following functions (depending on the type of memory)
- Erasing the entire memory module
- Erasing selected sectors of the memory module
- Loading Intel Hex and Motorola S-Record files
- Programming all or selected portions of the file into the memory module
- Comparing all or selected portions of the file to the current contents of the memory module
- Read back and save-to-disk of the current memory content
- Setting and Resetting the Chip/Sector Protection (On-Chip only)
- Calculating CRC sums of sections
- Watchdog handling for some derivatives
- PCM (Phase Change Memory) programming for some devices
- UCB (User Configuration Blocks) handling for some derivatives
- ABM (Alternate Boot Mode) header handling for some derivatives
- BMI (Boot Mode Index) header handling for some derivatives
- Support of Protection Function.
UDE MemTool can handle more than one memory module on the target system and is only using On-Chip RAM for execution (IRAM; XRAM when available).
Operations and Communication between Host PC and Target System
Automatic activation when downloading an application in the debugger if write accesses onto the FLASH are required. In a dialog box all areas to be programmed are displayed. Programming may be started or cancelled manually. In the Transparent-Erase Mode, after editing a memory area in the debugger (e.g. in the memory window) the FLASH programming tool may be launched and the edited data can be burned into the memory using simulated bytewise programming.
As communication channels ASC Bootstrap loader, CAN Bootstrap loader, CAN in combination with ASC Bootstrap loader and JTAG can be used. The MemTool offers additionally the host-target communication via a standard RS232 host interface (COMx). Beside RS232 interface, the usage of the K-Line interface is possible.
|UDE Product ID Device||MemTool /UAD2pro||MemTool /UAD2next||MemTool /UAD3+||MemTool/ASC|
|Target MCU communication interface||Universal Access Device 2pro||Universal Access Device 2next||Universal Access Device 3+||Host Serial RS232|
|ASC Bootstrap Loader||yes||yes||yes 1)|
|CAN Bootstrap Loader||yes||yes|
|K-Line Interface||yes 2)||yes 2)||yes 2)|
|JTAG / DAP / SWD||yes 3)||yes 3)||yes 3)|
|DXCPL (DAP over CAN Physical Layer)||yes 3)||yes 3)|
1) No additional hardware required 2) External K-Line converter required 3) Ask for supported derivatives at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supported External FLASH Devices (NOR-FLASH, NAND-FLASH, EEPROM)
- Parallel-NOR-FLASH (AMD AM29x, M29x, Intel i28Fx)
- Serial EEPROM (I2C, SPI, SPIFI)
- NAND-FLASH (on demand)
Further devices under development or on request at email@example.com .
Versions of MemTool for FLASH / OTP Memory Programming
UDE MemTool Add-In .. is a part of the Universal Debug Engine (UDE) and allows the PCM / FLASH / OTP programming during the development cycle inside of UDE. UDE MemTool observes the download path and runs the programming process when requested.
UDE MemTool .. comes with a separate front-end interface as tool outside of UDE. All programming functions are available also via standard COM automation interfaces. Using these interfaces, the features of UDE MemTool may be integrated into automatic production and test systems or can be executed via scripts.
|<Selected uC-Architecture>||-MemTool/||<Selected Access Device>|