Cortex-R52, Cortex-M7 Stellar Automotive Microcontrollers from STMicroelectronics
UDE Microcontroller Debugger solutions for Stellar 32-bit Automotive MCUs
ST’s Arm®-based Stellar platform reduces the complexity of new vehicle architectures and their electrification. ST's Stellar automotive microcontrollers address the requirements of modern vehicle nodes. These range from application management and high data-stream control to efficient actuation and power conversion subsystems.
Stellar G and P are the first Arm® Cortex®-R52/-M4 automotive microcontroller family with on-chip Phase Change Memory (PCM) for real-time multi-core performance. The Stellar family combines multiple leading-edge technologies to form an automotive domain controller for applications for Drivetrain, Chassis, and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
Stellar E family is optimized for software-defined electric vehicles and with its functions for fast execution of control loops. The Stellar E family is primarily intended for use in power electronics applications such as on-board chargers or DC/DC converters. It is based on two Arm® Cortex®-M7 cores, each clocked at 300 MHz, which can be operated either in a dual-core configuration or, for the highest demands on functional security, as a single core with lockstep. For applications with increased security requirements, the integrated Hardware Security Module (HSM) offers, among other things, functions for accelerating cryptographic tasks. The MCUs are equipped with up to 2 MB on-chip flash. Split into two banks the code Flash allows software updates Over-The-Air (OTA).
Supported Cortex-R52 Microcontrollers
- Stellar G series: SR6G7C3, SR6G7C4, SR6G7C6, SR6G7C7
- Stellar P series: SR6P7C3 SR6P7C7
- Stellar E series: SR5 E1
Supported Cortex-R52 Debug, Trace and Test Features with Universal Debug Engine (UDE Debugger)
- Microcontroller debug support
- FLASH Memory programming
- Test Automation and Test Scripting Support
- Arm Aurora High Speed Serial Trace Port (HSSTP)
- Profiling support
- Code Coverage Support According to ISO 26262
- Eclipse Plug-in
- Instrumentation Trace Macrocell (ITM) support
- IP Snooping Trace support
- CoreSight Trace Memory Controller (TMC) support
- Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM ) support
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD) support
- Generic Timer Module (GTM) debugger and trace support
- Arm CoreSight™ Support by UEC