Multi-core Debugging (MCA) support
Control of a multi-core system and debugging is carried out with the UDE in a consistently designed user interface. Universal Multi-core Workbench is a new add-on of the well-known modular Universal Debug Engine. With its outstanding features it helps developers of software for multi-core SoC's to make your work more easily, clearly and efficiently.
The Universal Multi-core Workbench offers especially for the new upcoming 32 bit multi-core automotive architectures following functionality:
- Multi-core debugging target manager to select cores and functional units for debugging Core- or user-specific visibility groups in UDE Open Platform including core specific coloring.
- Multi-core program loader to distribute binary pattern and select core-specific symbol information.
- Graphical code coverage analysis allows of structural coverage to fulfill ISO26262 requirements.
- Profiling functions based on instruction pointer trace data from On-chip Emulators (MCDS and SPU) including AURORA trace, Nexus, ETM, ETB, instruction pointer snooping or simulator output.
- The Universal Emulation Configurator (UEC) describes measuring tasks for on-chip emulators.
- Parallel test of software for multiple cores independently of their architecture within one user interface.
- Synchronization of multiple cores for the debugging (common start and stop) and parallel visualization of context information after synchronized program execution.
- Graphical visualization of variables from programs of different cores as time-based two-dimensional diagram in a common view.
- The central management for download and distribution of software from one or more ELF files to multiple cores.
- Multi-core trace with common analysis and visualization of executed program and data accesses in one or more views of the development user interface.
- The use in a standalone Visual Platform beside the integration in a complete Eclipse tool environment with complete cross debugger functionality.